Fingerprint is looking for unsolicited work in the English language in the following genres from writers from all over the world:
- Commercial fiction (romance, mystery, thrillers, humour, fantasy, young adult)
- Literary fiction
- General and narrative non-fiction
- Memoirs and biographies
- Self-help, health and fitness
At present we do not publish textbooks and poetry.
How to go about submitting your manuscript
- For a preliminary evaluation, please e-mail your proposal to
email@example.com with the following attachments:
- Detailed synopsis of your book (mentioning the total wordcount of the manuscript). Do not exceed 2500 words.
- Plot summary (not more than 100 words) that could appear on the back-cover of your book.
- The first three chapters of your book.
- Your bio-data.
- Your recent photograph.
- You may also submit hard-copies of the above via regular post/courier addressed to:
The Editorial Department,
c/o Prakash Books,
A-1, Gate No. 2, Cariappa Marg,
Sainik Farms, M.B.Road
Pin - 110062. India.
Phone: 011 - 29553056
- All submissions should be typed in typeface Garamond (font size 12) on plain white A-4 paper. You may use both sides of each page.
- If we like your proposal after the preliminary evaluation, we will ask
you for the complete manuscript. You can send this either as a soft
copy via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or post the
hard copy to our mailing address.
- Remember to clearly mention your name, age, e-mail, contact number and complete mailing address on the first page of your manuscript.
- Please give us at least a month's time to completely evaluate your proposal and arrive at a decision. If you don't hear from us within this
time period, drop us an e-mail at email@example.com and we'd get back to you.
Fingerprint is not a vanity publisher. We do not charge a fee for publishing your book. Each submission is evaluated on merit.